.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christel's Diary

Google

12 October 2005

Homesick

I'm back in Belgium since Saturday and am having a hard time adjusting to the way of living in my home country.

Every morning, I wake up asking myself where I am. Although the bedroom seems familiar, I do not recognize it immediately as my own.

I miss getting up before sunrise to go picking cucumbers in the field, I miss the regular visits to the women I've got acquainted to the last few months, I miss the arabic language and am surprised not to hear the moezzin anymore.

I have to make my own coffee and meals. Go to the store myself. If I don't, I haven't got anything to eat or to drink.

One advantage, now that I'm back, I can go to the gym every day in the morning or the evening. That is a big difference to 3 fixed days a week from 10 tot 15:00.

But, until now that is the only advantage I found, except from seeing my family and friends back, of course.

Tomorrow, I'm going to Brussels to apply for a new visa. I have to go back for the winter.

Google

1 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 14/10/05 16:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home