.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christel's Diary

Google

13 August 2005

Cool !!!

I'm all ready to go. Nothing to keep me from taking the plane on Wednesday. Certainly not the Belgian wheather.

It's been a quiet week, sometimes a bit boring which probably means that all things are settled and it is really time to move on.

What has been surprisingly obvious to me last week is that life is calm and simple for a lot of people. An important factor, most probably, is that when you go into a store, a bank or alike, and you need help, the people behind the counter are happy to serve you as you are one of the few that comes by. A really big difference with "just before closing time", lunchtime or Saturdays.

If that could be in combination with long hot summers, Belgium would be paradise for me.

Last month, some colleagues told me that I will miss going to the office, but I don't think so. I will prove them wrong, because my impression is that I might get used to this car(e)less life.

Google

2 Comments:

  • Hi Hi

    Marktrock was bangelijk zelfs ondanks het slechte weer!

    Geniet van je nieuwe leven

    dadada

    Peggy Sue

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 17/8/05 00:10  

  • Hallo Christel
    Ik merk dat je de plannen waarover je het had in Aleppo realiseert. Ik wens je veel succes toe en ik volg jouw lotgevallen via dit dagboek. Jammer dat je de DVD nog niet kon bekijken.
    Groetjes en tot weerziens in Aleppo.

    PS: Don't put "sabbatical year" as "purpose of visit" on the embarkation card to Syria.

    Werner

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 18/8/05 11:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home