.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christel's Diary

Google

05 August 2005

Monsoon

The start of my sabbatical year has been a disaster.
It was not what I had expected at the least.

On Friday night, the goodbye drink in Brussels with a few colleagues lasted - as expected - that long that I missed out on Brian Ferry and Roxy Music at Sugarrock (Suikerrock), a 3-day festival right at my doorstep.
I had the occasion to attend to a concert of his 20 years ago and loved it. Maybe I will have another occasion to see him in another 20 years.

On Saturday, I was feeling quite ill and it was not because of the goodbye drink. I hardly drank any alcohol.

During the weekends, friends kept calling that they had the same symptoms and my only conclusion could be that the "monsoon" that we were experiencing for more than a week already, had brought us disease(s).

On Monday, I was feeling better and found out at the library that as a member I was allowed to 3 hours free surfing a week on the internet. It is not only cheap, but also convenient, because round the corner from where I'm living.

So, read my e-mails, typed an article for this diary and right at the moment I pushed the button to publish it, the server was down. Article lost and session time expired...

For the rest of the week, I have been very ill and as of today I'm starting to get better.

So, here I am trying to publish a new article. With ups and downs. Probably has something to do with the security rules. I think I found a work around... Boy, I must be feeling better ;-)

As of now, things can only get better.

Google

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home