.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christel's Diary

Google

29 November 2005

I'm back

Finally, after 10 days in Syria, I find myself in an internet cafe in the city of Aleppo.

Have been travelling for about 5 days, visiting the region of Krak des Chevaliers and Palmyra. Since Thursday I am living in the village, Kafaramme.

After having settled in, I've started visiting my friends and am learning to know new people all the time.

I am usually awake at 7 or 8 and have a few hours for myself, as the children leave for school early and the others like to sleep in late. At 10:30 we have breakfast on the terrace.

The morning is the best time in the village. It is sunny and peaceful.

What is quite funny is that the language which seemed to be strange until a few months ago, has become familiar to me. By far, I don't understand everything, but it is not 'Chinese' neither.

Once used to the village, the city is dirty and noisy. I will be glad to be able to return to my new home in the afternoon.

But first I will visit Sarwat who is 6/7 months pregnant. I haven't seen her since October 7th. And she knows I am back, so she is waiting impatiently for me to visit.

Google

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home