.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christel's Diary

Google

29 July 2006

Made in China

The fig and grape season started. They have now become part of the breakfast and serve as snacks.

The hottest period of the year is the healthiest, as watermelons, melons, tomatoes, eggplants and cucumbers are also available in abundance.

The olive trees promise a good harvest too. Olive oil is not only good to keep the cholesterol level low. It keeps the skin young and it serves as medicine. It is rubbed in on limbs with arthritis. It is good for the eyes and… if you have got too high a sugar level, boil a liter of water with 20 leaves (of an olive tree) every day and drink it during the next 24 hours.

Last winter, I had an ear infection. It was treated by warming up a spoonful of oil, putting it in a piece of onion and then pouring it into my ear. It did no harm, but I’m not sure it was the remedy that cured the infection, as I took antibiotics at the same time.

By the way, if you need medicine, just go to the pharmacy and explain the problem or just ask for a specific drug. You can get anything here without a prescription. And, there’s always a cheap version and the original brand which is more expensive, of course.

This is the case for any kind of goods on the market. China is not far away. Often, it is not possible anymore to find the original brand.

The taps in my house are “Made in China”, so are the electrical wires, lamps, sockets, etc. The knives are “Made in China”. The cups and glasses are. The ladder is… But my washing machine is “Made in Egypt”.

I used it again today. Now have a bed. All doors and windows are installed. The house is starting to feel clean and have more time to work on my social life again.

And I’ve got interphone with electric lock. Am probably the only one in the village. Most people don’t even have a doorbell here. They just leave the door open when they are at home. I prefer it this way. Need my privacy.

Google

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home