.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christel's Diary

Google

07 March 2008

Flowers

Well, the garden is coming on nicely. The almond tree is flourishing and some others will be soon, the lizards have surfaced, we’ve got egg laying hens, the wild flowers are coming out and colouring the landscapes… No need for heating anymore.

Just as well, because the diesel (mazout) is scarcely available these days. Probably a temporary shortage after the maximum usage during the long cold winter. There’s always gas and electricity in case of need be. It is much more a nuisance for the tourists coming through the country by car. Until now we have always been able to find the necessary fuel for their vehicle and off they go to Turkey where diesel is more expensive than in Europe.

Linda and Hänsi were back after 3 months camping in Aqaba, Jordan. They stayed 4 nights and brought along other German and Swiss campers. All the campers we had this winter were due to them spreading the word about our place.

Linda bought me a lot of vinegar in a supermarket in Jordan and made me a pair of colourful woollen socks. They had such a great time during the winter and had so many interesting contacts that they would like to repeat the experience in the coming years.

I myself am looking forward to my upcoming trip to Belgium on the 19th. Will be staying 10 days. I hope the weather will be fine during my stay, because I really hate the cold. The work in the garden has progressed so much that I am comfortable about leaving. The seeds will grow into small plants by the time I will come back.

Something I really need to do is unpacking the mosquito net and put it up. They are back, the horrible little things.

Labels:

Google

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home