.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christel's Diary

Google

28 January 2008

New home

The frost is over. Finally. Everybody relieved. The trees also. The pomelo tree suffered the most of all and is keeping its leaves all curled up. Remains to be seen what will happen with it.

The temperature changed, the sounds have changed, and the moods of people have changed.

To me it seems like spring has started. Every time I say winter is over, people look to me in amazement. For them it is not over yet. It has only become more bearable for them.

I started cleaning up the garden after Abu Dibo came by with his mules. He is more than 70, but in better health than most 20/30 year olds. That’s because he is working with his animals every day maintaining his olive gardens and sometimes helping others in getting the garden ready for the new season.

He has ploughed 2 pieces of the garden, destroying everything on his way (mint, broccoli, flowers, …). I was able to minimize the losses by telling him not to go over a piece that I have been nursing very well myself the last weeks.

All in all he was a big help. Now, it is up to me.

The chicken house has been purified with smoke and fire and the chicken have been moved to it. The first evening I had to take and move them while they were sleeping. There was no way to lure them with food. The second evening, they were waiting at the door of their old room. I waited until sunset and chased them to the back of the garden waiving a brush in one hand and a stick in the other. Today, they are staying in the back of the garden. They may have understood.

Google

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home