.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christel's Diary

Google

13 November 2007

An egg

After a few weeks of relaxing holidays in Belgium, it is back to work now.

During my absence, several German tourists used the camping. A couple of them on bicycle. That’s quite late in the season, as the autumn has set in with showers and cold wind. During the days it can still be very warm, as I discovered yesterday.

I started out working in the garden with a pullover and soon had to take it off. A t-shirt was still too hot in the sun, but at 4 o’clock sunset starts. Time to grab a pullover.

The first thing I did when arriving home was inspecting the garden. Not a lot of rubbish lying around, weeding not really necessary (there is always some), the egg plants are still producing a lot, the okra is finished (I took the plants out), the trees and plants beneficiary to a regular supply of rain water are growing.

Unfortunately, another hen has died. She was having trouble breathing when I left, as a result of a bad cold. The rooster is now living with 3 hens that are becoming quite big. 1 is coughing a little bit.

Sunday evening, Mohamed announced the purchase of 2 white hens. Full grown and providing eggs. The next morning I opened the hen house and did not find them. They disappeared leaving behind an egg. No trace of them in the garden, dead or alive. We asked around. Nobody has seen them. Me neither. I first thought it was a practical joke, but it isn’t.

In the house, a lot of works… The roof and the entrance at the front door downstairs are fully covered with tiles. A group of workers are in the process of “cementing” the walls in the stairway case.

As it is difficult to get in and out the house, I decided to go and help picking olives. It has been very hot and dry in the summer. The olives are small and the harvest will be poor. Let’s hope the quality of the oil will still be high.

I did not have a lot of time to work, as Rahaaf and baby sister Yasmine were asking a lot of my attention and energy.

Google

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home