.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christel's Diary

Google

21 September 2007

Fasting

Again 10 days have past so quickly. What should I write about? It is Ramadan and nothing really exciting is happening as everybody is fasting during the day.

Not drinking water (or anything else) from sunrise until sunset is to my mind a health hazard during these hot days. Something I do not wish to try. I could cope with not eating. So, before I visit or go out, I drink a lot of water.

Yesterday, during a visit, they made a cup of coffee especially for me. The dilemma was : should I drink it not to offend them or should I not drink it. I chose not to drink it. It seemed to be the correct option. It would be impossible to enjoy it anyway. Imagine yourself sipping coffee surrounded by a whole family still having to go a few hours without drinks and food.

4 days ago, I opened the cage of the bird in the backyard. He did not go out. Did not even seem to be interested. The next day he flew away, and did not come back until now. I am convinced he is looking for a female. Will not find one, as partridges are extinct in this region.
It is possible, however, he ended up as a meal to break fast.

Oh yes! Something really exciting happened this week. Yesterday, I got my vacuum cleaner back and it is working. They told me not to use it for more than half an hour at a time. Something I don’t anyway. The funny thing is that I got so used to not having it that I did not even start using it until now and I do not feel the need to. That’ll soon change.

I would like to end with a message to Rebecca who posted a comment on my blog : I cannot reply on your message, as I don’t have your email address. I heard these kind of blogs are abused for political reasons and therefore blocked for viewing in Syria. I’ve got a dedicated email address for exchange of information on Syria (syriatravel@gmail.com). You can contact me this way, if you want to.

Google

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home