.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christel's Diary

Google

19 August 2007

Falling stars

We have been enjoying falling stars every night because of a meteorite rain (or is it storm ?) over Syria. I’d like to make a wish, but do not have the time whenever I spot one. Strange… in the movies, people always have time to say : “Look, a falling star. Let’s make a wish.” And then even have the time to think about what they should wish for.

I was told that last Sunday a meteorite would crash onto Damascus. Today, a week later, Damascus still exists.

A few days ago Ahmed told me George Bush had died. Do not have confirmation yet, but have not been looking for it neither.

Ahmed always has many things to tell. He hears the adults say something, often only a few words and makes a story of it.

He is a funny 7 year old at times. Always very serious about what he tells.

He often comes by with or without his little sister, Rahaaf. Is at his best on his own.

When I’m in the garden, the first thing he asks is when I will go back into the house. This is because his primary need is to play a game on my mobile. The second thing he asks is when there will be foreigners on the camping. He would love to talk to them, but is too shy. Then he starts helping me watering the plants and trees, giving me a lot of advice on how to work in the garden. His grandmother has a big garden too.

He enjoys watching the flowers grow. He loves flowers. Yesterday, he moved from one flower plant to the other talking to them.

After half an hour, 45 minutes he announces that he has to go home to see what his mother is doing but that he will come back. This can be after one hour. This can be after a few days. Although he has got a watch, he has got no notion of time.

I would like to tell him about the falling stars, but am not fluent enough in Arabic to do this.

Google

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home