.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christel's Diary

Google

30 May 2007

Home

The garden didn’t look too bad last night. After more than a week’s absence, I could harvest about 2 kilos of zucchini and many flowers are showing. It will now be a matter of keeping up with them.

The other plants have grown as well. Hot peppers have bright yellow flowers. And I urgently need to find a support for a mango tree full of growing fruit.

Started weeding at 08h30 and finished at 11h00 because of the heat. It is a pleasure now to do some chores in the (relative) coolness of the house.

It is now 16h00 and soon I will go out into the garden to continue weeding until sunset.

I’ve left Nick and Julia, the Australian couple traveling around Syria with us, alone with Mohamed to go and spend a few days at the Euphratis and the Bedouins. I would have loved to go along, but after 8 days of being from home I really need to catch up.

This afternoon, a bird that is having its nest somewhere downstairs got lost and flew into the house. Soon it realized that it was not heading for home. For some reason a bird does not remember how it came in. It tried to go out by the roof window which was closed. It flew against the mirror in the sleeping room a few times and got really dizzy and desperate. All the time I was trying to show it the open window and fortunately I succeeded.

The highlight of today. About all the excitement I can get. I really do not need this busy life. I want to continue finishing the camping and the house. Maybe we can do it in a few days, although the requests are coming in from travelers (I don’t like to call them tourists) for the upcoming months. I’m going to have to be very selective.

Google

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home