.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christel's Diary

Google

12 March 2007

My first ice cream of the year

While outside some workers are putting tiles in the camping’s facilities room, I’m looking up the freshness of the house. I’m from Belgium and the sun is hot. Not used to it.

Summer habits are coming back. At 4 p.m. I will venture outside to do some weeding. I started yesterday and hope to be finished in a week. That would be a nice achievement. The camping/garden will look a lot cleaner. I just have to be careful to leave the useful stuff, as some varieties are used to make salads and some will soon be nice smelling flowers (in the evening).

Almost all of the neighbour from across the road’s bees have died. That’s the second year in a row he has got this problem and he doesn’t know why. Is it a disease or is it too cold in the winter ?

This week I discovered that more and more people are reading the information I leave on the internet and that they are using or just enjoying it. I was wondering about that. Some have contacted me to help them with their upcoming trip to Syria. It works : they are happy to find a local contact and I have something to keep my mind occupied. A few of them have asked Mohamed to be their driver and I will go along touring the country, when possible. This is definitely a win/win situation, as my ex colleagues would say.

They are not really yet “ex”, but soon will be, as my employer does not want to extend the “career interruption”.

I had my first ice cream the day before yesterday and am killing a few flies every day. Am thinking about installing the mosquito net soon.

We just had one little hick up this week : the wall around the camping cannot be built before we know the exact frontier with the neighbouring field. The “knowledgeable” administration in Aleppo has given us the wrong measurements. Hope this will be solved soon, as we need a wall before we can host some campers.

And it is nice to have the privacy of such a big space.

Google

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home