.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christel's Diary

Google

01 April 2006

Belgacom operational in Aleppo ?

Before leaving for Belgium, I moved my belongings to Kafaramme after having lived in the Old City of Aleppo for nearly 4 months.

I came with 1 suitcase and travel bag, but couldn't manage to put all my personal belongings in them. I wonder why, because have not bought anything else but a few galabias and imported some things - like second hand children's clothing - that have been distributed in the meantime. It is probably a matter of organizing, because we packed very quickly.

Am glad to be back fulltime in the village, because Aleppo is very crowdy and noisy at times. But also a city full of surprises.

Last week I spotted a van with the old Belgacom logo. Belgacom is the Belgian telecommunication company I've been working for for 5 years. It was really weird to see that van here in the North of Syria. Would like 1 of my colleagues to tell management that the project team responsible for replacing the old logo's with new ones did not reach 100% of their objective yet.

Anyway, my time left in Syria is short. Will try to do some traveling still and focus on the apartment. On Wednesday we ordered 5000 cement bricks. They will be ready end of next week. Immediately after, the building will start. Am excited about that !

Two days before my move, we had a sun eclipse. The sky turned from clear blue to lavender blue and was able to see it very clearly. It was not a total eclipse like in Lybia, but an interesting event anyway. Maybe some coincidence : as of the start of the eclipse, we had a cold wind for about 24 hours. That is gone now. Fortunately.

The Syrians all agree that we are at the beginning of Summer.

Google

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home