.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christel's Diary

Google

19 March 2006

Culture

I confirmed a return date with Syrianair and will be back in Belgium on April 12th. I wanted to return earlier, but will wait a few weeks longer, hoping that the Belgian weather will get better by mid April.

This means I can benefit from all the cultural activities going on the next weeks. Yesterday evening, the "Islamic culture" festivities started with traditional music and dance and fireworks after. The music and dance, we followed by satellite on the television, although it was only a 10 minutes walk from the house. The crowd was too big. They all wanted to see the President. The fireworks, we saw from the terrace in the house.

The French Institute is also organizing some events and tonight we are invited to one of those, but I do not know what it will be. I like surprises, anyway.

End of March, I'm leaving the house in the Old City. Do not know exactly in which house I will stay, but do know it will be in 1 of the 3 villages : Kafaramme, Ebzimo or Orem.

I've been staying in Orem this week. In the house of 1 of Mohamed's sisters, Fahima. She and her husband have 12 children. The youngest is about 2 years old. The eldest daughters are married.

My stay at their place started the night before we all drove to Homs to visit Hassan, the eldest son who is in the army now. The small boys (3)were very exited and took a shower without complaining. My favourite one is Mohamed (there are many Mohamed's here). He's likes cuddling and joking around. He claims to have seen the Sea which he told his big brother at arrival in Homs after a big cuddle.
He also likes tea a lot, like many children here. With a lot of sugar.

Nobody understands here why I drink tea without sugar. It is one of the subjects they like talking about. The stranger who drinks tea without sugar...

Google

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home