.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christel's Diary

Google

04 March 2006

Ahlan wa Sahlan

While it is snowing in Europe, spring is continuing here. The Syrians say it is exceptionally dry this year - we've had almost no rain - and they hope that the coming months will be very wet. The olive trees need water.

I've asked my employer to extend my sabbatical year and he agreed. When I will be back in Belgium next month, we will do the necessary administration. This is good news and it allows more time over here without too much hassle.

Because the big news this week is that we have started building a house. I've been told it takes 20 days to build a house. That's quick...
It is actually an apartment consisting of 2 bedrooms, a kitchen, a bathroom, separate toilet, living room and lots of terrace space on each side of the house. All electricity cables and water/heating pipes are requested to be built in into the walls.
I'm looking forward to living there, because it is not in the city, but in the village with a splendid view over the surrounding area.

It will be so much easier to stay in contact with family and friends too, because I will have Internet at home. For this, I am inquiring about the prices of computers over here. I haven't found a shop yet that sells portable PCs. Maybe I will have to buy one in Belgium.

And, I will be living close to my Syrian family. Will not have to use their house any more as a hotel and it will be easier for them to drop by.

And, I will have a place for my family and friends to stay, because I hope they will visit me and want to discover this interesting and beautiful country. Not at all the way it perceived to be ! Ahlan wa Sahlan (Welcome).

Google

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home