.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christel's Diary

Google

07 January 2006

Eid

Since yesterday, it feels like spring is in the air, but before it was very very cold. I saw almost everybody walking around with their head covered in one way or another and wondered why. I know now why. Myself, I caught a nasty ear infection and am recovering from it since last weekend. It hurts ! Am now walking around day and night with a big scarf wrapped around my head. I will do this for some time still.

The shopping areas are filled with people nowadays. Next Tuesday is the Eid-al-Adha (the annual slaughtering of the lamb) and many villagers come to the city to buy cloths, sweets, and all the other stuff that they need. You can feel the excitement walking for the upcoming celebrations. I hope to be in the village next Tuesday. Serwat will have her firstborn somewhere next week. So, it is an extra exciting time for my adoptive family.

At the same time lots of Muslims are in Mekka still. And they are returning about a week after the Eid and we will welcome back my friend Fozie and her brother.

Nothing but excitement for the next weeks. No time to be ill ! I will cover my head.

Google

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home