.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christel's Diary

Google

18 January 2010

Excellent start

And it seems my wishes are coming true…

The freezing cold didn’t come. Instead we had sunny spring weather the 2 first weeks of the year. We had a few thunderstorms at night with lots of rain and now we are living some overcast days, but all in all mild weather.

Last week, a butterfly was visiting on the balcony and yesterday I spotted love bugs. A stork came scouting for his mates eager to fly back to Europe. Nobody believes me when I tell them, but it is true. I am not dreaming, nor making things up.

It has been great fun working in the garden. I decided to put in seeds for sunflowers, melons, watermelons, etc… Something which is usually done in March, but I feel like now is the time to do it. I want to take advantage of the humidity combined with mild temperatures to make things grow.

The mild weather is a blessing in disguise. Zakaria is having very restless nights due to some teeth breaking through. He wakes up a few times a night, wants to come out of his bed and stands upright until somebody takes him and holds him until he goes to sleep again. If this would happen during a “normal” January, it would be impossible to keep him warm unless the heating would be switched on.

He is having his midday nap again. It lasts about an hour. An hour that I use to read my emails or write an item for my blog or just go out into the garden to have a good look around and to enjoy the changes that spring brings along.

An excellent start to the New Year

Google

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home