.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christel's Diary

Google

14 September 2009

Fast asleep

In a week Ramadan will be over. Fasting has now become a routine. While before everybody was hurrying home half an hour before sunset, many are still outside finishing a chore or just enjoying the weather when the Muezzin calls to announce the end of the day.

School summer holidays are over. The children dressed in blue uniforms go to school early in the morning.

The storks flew over end of August which is early. Autumn must be coming soon to Europe. Even here, it seems like it will come soon. We are having thick clouds threatening for rain this week. Campers report heavy rain in Turkey.

The sun is still very hot. It is too hot in the sun to work in the garden during the day still.

I would love to do some gardening. I could do it, as Zakaria now enjoys himself by walking around, playing or just observing what I am doing. As long as he can get dirty, he is fine.

He is growing and learning full time which makes him hungry most of the time. His teeth are bothering him, but not too much anymore. He only needs one long nap during the day which quite frankly suits me much more than the 2 quick ones he did before.

Last night after he had gone to sleep at night, I heard a cricket quite nearby chanting shortly 3 to 4 times and then it stopped. I thought it was on the balcony. When in the morning, Zakaria called me to tell me he had woken up, I found the cricket dead in the mosquito net covering Zakaria’s bed.

We always had crickets in the house during wintertime. Maybe that one came in, because the nights are becoming too fresh for them. It got trapped…

A baby lizard was hanging around in my kitchen’s sink the day before yesterday. That one probably came with the figs we picked that day. I caught it and put it outside.

These lizards are extremely ugly. There are hundreds in the garden. Some are huge and they are fast. You cannot catch them, as they are masters in slipping through holes or climbing over walls.

This reminds me that I don’t see the tortoises anymore. Maybe they were upset by the changes in the garden and left. We covered the back of the garden which was left wild before with this white chalky soil. Remains to be seen.

Google

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home