.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christel's Diary

Google

02 May 2009

Heartbeaker

The garden is “in maintenance” by now. I like looking at it. Left some weeds to brighten up the place this year.

The campers have been taking pictures of the numerous wild flowers. While I was working hard to pull them out, most of them came standing next to me with a sad face, asking me why they had to go. Others couldn’t believe they were all wild flowers. They thought I planted them or at least some of them.

My small camping project is a success. I have been working hard the first year to find spots on the internet to leave information about it. By now, I don’t have to do that anymore. The campers are so pleased that they leave information themselves and exchange addresses with others. Often they are member of a camper club back home.

Soon this place will be known as Zakaria’s camping. Not (yet) in any way shy, he stares at the women telling me how cute and quite he is from under his long eyelashes. When after a few minutes he produces a big smile and reaches out one hand, their heart breaks. They cannot withstand him, take him in their arms and feed him a biscuit or just cuddle him. He loves the attention.

When they leave, they thank me for the service of super clean bathrooms and hot showers and soon turn to Zakaria having a hard time to tear themselves away from him. I am often the one closing the big gate, making an end to the “goodbyes”.

Google

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home