.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christel's Diary

Google

23 September 2008

Wanted : Sleep

Zakaria is about 6 weeks now and has been keeping me from sleeping too much.

I don’t have much to write about as I have been struggling to keep Zakaria happy which at times hasn’t been easy. He has been spoilt these last few weeks as his tummy was aching and we couldn’t stand him crying.

That’s getting better. I have started to “unspoil” him which is very hard because he has learnt how to cry to get a lot of attention, especially from his Dad who thinks that when he makes the weakest of cries he is hungry or in pain. The training is very successful when Dad is not home.

Zakaria’s grandmother (my mother) has come over for a few weeks, another “spoiler”, but she understands babies better and is able to make the difference between crying for attention and crying out of hunger or pain.

When Zakaria is in a crying mood, it is not possible to visit family. The locals interpret a crying baby as a hungry baby. Even when I tell them he just had his bottle, they insist he is hungry. I understand why the babies are so big here. They get food every time they cry and in-between.

My baby who was a tiny thin baby at birth has grown a lot. He has put on weight, but still the locals find him too thin. I don’t and European campers coming by don’t, so let’s say he is thin compared to the local babies.

He is fine. His big feet and hands indicate he will grow a lot more. He pushes himself around using his strong legs and is already able to raise his head by himself. Soon I will have to keep an eye on him all the time and take everything off the floor, as he is showing signs of wanting to crawl around.

Being active when he is awake is what he needs, I believe. It will keep him busy and make him tired and sleepy.

Google

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home