.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christel's Diary

Google

08 May 2008

King bird

While the Spring showers pass accompanied by thunder and lightning, nature has now fully recovered from Winter. The colourful wild flowers have vanished and the wheat has turned yellow. The birds are nesting and all animals have surfaced.

Yesterday, I spotted a snake in the garden. I’ve been told not to worry. It will go away and not want to stay, because it doesn’t like being bothered by people. It probably has been attracted by the small birds I hear squealing from several trees (not mine, but the neighbour’s).

None of my 3 chickens is showing signs to want to stay on the nest. Now is the time for them to do it. Yesterday, I was hopeful on this matter as the white one (the most stupid and lowest in rank) stayed in the chicken house when I threw in some food. That is very unusual. This morning, she was coming out together with the others. She was probably laying an egg at the time. Eggs with big orange yokes, they provide. 6 every 3 days.

Not far away, a rare species of bird is nesting. We hear it calling all day and sometimes see it flying over. It is quite a big bird, black with white stripes and a few feathers waving on its head. There are very few left. The locals believe its ancestor was a king, not very kind to its people and others, so God punished him and turned him into a bird.

Except for enjoying and experiencing all above, I haven’t been doing much more the last 4 to 5 days, as the big cleaning and weeding jobs and the hay fever have made me very tired. I guess that’s normal when you’re almost 6 months pregnant.

So, it is resting time to get my energy back, visiting and doing something useful from time to time.

Google

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home