.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christel's Diary

Google

04 August 2008

Tom and Jerry

And now it is really hot. Almost 40°C in the shadow.

I prefer to go and visit about 1 or 2 PM, about the hottest time of the day. I need to walk, but the walk to next of kin in the village seems quite long in this kind of weather. Luckily a strong wind is blowing to make it a bit more comfortable and there is always plenty of cold water available at the destination.

Today I visited Nadia, one of Mohamed’s daughters in law. She has got 2 little boys (2 and 4, I guess). The smallest wanted to know how I got to their house after I informed them that Grandfather was travelling. He was astonished that I came on foot. He loves to go for a ride in Mohamed’s car and our house which is outside of the actual village is far away in his mind, too far to walk the distance.

I ended up spending the whole afternoon with them. They had been to the seaside for 3 days and insisted on making sure my ears and teeth were clean by inspecting them thoroughly.

They also wanted to know why I had such a big tummy and after lunch they said that it was because I ate a lot, surely every day. I confirmed their statement.

A bit later the eldest – called Mohamed (what a surprise) – concluded that the baby which he knows I’m about to have is in my wrist.

He is a very clever boy with a great sense of humour. While he is telling such things his big long lashed dark brown eyes are twinkling all the time.

They were very friendly to one another today. Last time they came by they were fighting all the time. At one moment so hard that little Mohamed fell on his head on the freshly “de-cemented” veranda tiles.

His smaller brother is very strong for his age and almost as tall as the 4 year old. It is very hard for me to understand what he is saying, as he has got a huge stutter problem. It is only recent that he has started talking to me and today he was very inquisitive. Patiently he keeps on repeating until my reaction is to his satisfaction, always with a big smile.

Little Mohamed has a slight stutter problem too. Not all the time though.

If this stuttering problem remains, the little one definitely needs professional help.

For the time being he keeps on growing and getting stronger. No wonder when you see how much he can eat.

Google

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home