.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christel's Diary

Google

02 March 2011

Safe and secure

It was a bit boring the last few weeks as we were waiting for the rain to stop and it has. Today I have been working the whole day in the garden and am especially focused on weeding.

This year I will have finished soon, as the preparation that I was able to do in January is paying off.

I will soon put in some sunflower seeds. They always give a special feeling.

Zakaria is over the moon with the good weather. This was his first day without socks. He has now the habit of doing his own thing in the garden while I’m doing the real stuff. Once in a while he brings me flowers and gives me a hug and a kiss. That’s new.

He seems to be much happier. Winter is not a good season for him. Too boring, too cold, too dark.

Tomorrow I will harvest some “chobbès”, a weed that very much tastes like spinach. I’m very lucky to have plenty in the garden. Other women have to go and look for it next to the road or in the fields.

It seems like all trees have started. Campers reported Cherry trees blossoming near Saint Simeon’s. They are blossoming before having leaves.

The house is warming up. We now have now 15,5°C without heating.

Between 15° and 33° I feel comfortable. Not so Mohamed, who is always cold until it is hot.

People often write me to ask whether it is safe over here. I guess it is normal to have this question as in many countries in the region there is uprising. I have to say that in Syria everything is still as before. It is a secure and safe place to be and life hasn’t changed over the winter. I’m sure that the ones that will come and visit will enjoy their stay as much as many others did before.

Google

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home